The night before school started we had a meet the teacher night. Hagen was able to go and take a tour of the school, see his new classroom, and meet his teacher - Mrs. Feber. He was a little hesitant about going, but once he got there he was excited to start school.
On the first day of school I asked him what he wanted to do on his special day and he wanted to go and get jamba juice. After we went home and started getting ready for his big day. I wanted plenty of time to take pictures and to be to school on time. We arrived at school at the same time as his friend Lucas. My friend and I took pictures, hugged the kids and said our goodbyes. When we got to the classroom they had already started and our kids were late. I promised Hagen if he gave me a lot of kisses that I wouldn't start crying at his school. I was able to keep my promise and only cried the day before he went to school and after I dropped him off. Ainsley was trying to comfort me saying "Don't cry mom Hagen will be home soon". Since then I have only cried once. He loves school so much and says that it is so much better than preschool. His friends in the neighborhood play every night after school and rotate houses. He is so happy in his new school with new friends - I'm glad.
| Meet the teacher night with no a/c |
| Ainsley trying to give Hagen a kiss goodbye |
| Such a cute boy |
| Ainsley took this picture |
| On our way out the door |
| Stopping for a smile |
| Hagen wanted a picture in front of the flowers |
| Hagen and Lucas |
| Hagen in front of his school sign |
| Exploring the new surroundings |
| In front of the classroom door |