Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lots of fun before school starts


Now that we have returned from Utah, we have been trying to get back into a routine before school starts next week. The kids were used to going to bed late, eating dinner late, Kinley never had two naps, and Ainsley never taking naps (even though she needed one). We have started getting back into our old ways, but it has been a little of a struggle.
Since we have been back it has been so hot that I'm glad we left for a month. We have tried to keep ourselves busy. I went and got the kids pictures taken on Friday and while we were there got Kinley's ears pierced. She only cried for a minute and loved the sucker that she got afterwards.
See my new pretty earrings??

Big smile

Kinley's funny face
The kids had dentist appointments and Ainsley had three cavities. We brush and floss every night, but I guess not good enough. In a few weeks we have to go back and have them filled. Instead of putting her completely out she is getting laughing gas and hopefully the dentist can get to all three before she starts to squirm. Hagen did great and his teeth looked good.
Hagen sitting in the dentist chair

Ainsley waiting for her turn 

This week we got to go to the kids school and meet the teachers and see the classrooms. Hagen is lucky and has the same teachers (Derr & Moye) from last year and three of his closest friends with him. Ainsley has two sweet teachers (Fenton & Parker) that seem like they have lots of patience. She is so excited to go to school and meet some friends.

Kinley is army crawling everywhere and puts everything in her mouth. I wasn't looking forward to this stage because it is so hard, especially with two other children that like to play with little toys. She is getting pretty fast and can make it from one end of the house to the other in a matter of seconds. I have already had to pull a few things out of her mouth. She loves real food, even though she still only has one tooth. Once in a while I can get her to eat her baby food, but it is a struggle. I can't believe that she is already nine months.


We had a birthday party on Saturday with Hagen's longest friend, Olivia. She was in daycare with Hagen when he started at three months. They have been good friends every since. The kids had a great time at Pump it Up.
Hagen getting crazy for the camera

All the kids 

Eating cake 
Since school has started I was able to get a cultural pass for the Children's Museum. The kids love to go there, but it is way too expensive to pay for three of us. Luckily we were able to meet up with Hagen's friends.

Ainsley painting

Hagen painting